Monday, March 21, 2022

Traveling with Daniel

 Hi and thanks for checking in. I am getting ready to ride my bike from Kansas City Missouri to the East Coast of the United States and then I am heading north to an island off Massachusetts to work on a farm and be a cheese maker for the summer and possibly for my future. On the journey I plan to write about; commonalities of humanity, the environment and nature, communities I meet and see along the way and the people. I want to find out which really important what really matters in this crazy world to people of all walks of life . I also want to see what America is like to ride my bicycle under my own power roughly 2000- 3000 miles over a 40 day period.


I thought of calling this journey a bike ride across America but I’m not really sure of a working title yet. I’ve recently befriended another writer, Carmen who works as a security guard at my local grocery store in Kansas City. 


Carmen who looks more like the next-door neighbors grandmother, small unassuming very kind and always engaging with beautiful gray hair nice eyes and a great smile always willing to say hello to watch my bicycle why I go into the store and always ask me how my friend Aimee is doing. When I first met Carmen we exchange some pleasantries in the store and also our names. Somehow Carmen thought my name was Daniel so she kept calling me Daniel for the next few months. Not wanting to embarrass her I didn’t correct her and after a short time I started to enjoy her using the name Daniel for me. One day we both found out were writers and I was going to give her my contact information and had to tell her finally that my name was Bill and not Daniel but that I’d like Daniel and she could still use it if she wanted to and she did. We were talking yesterday and I was telling her about my adventure heading to the East Coast on my bicycle and the journey that was about to happen and what my intentions were for the journey. Carmen suggested that a good working title it be: traveling with Daniel  or something of that nature. I do like that title so I think I’m going to re-search the name Daniel a little bit more and possibly use it in the title. 


There are so many things I want to do for this trip. 



No comments:

Post a Comment